Specific duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
· Supervision, planning and co-ordination of the activities of wind blade technicians, contractors and activities on site.
· Planning and delivery of daily work, organising resources of working parties, assigning technicians to specific tasks and providing key information to support management of the project schedule in accordance with client and company requirements.
· Inspection and evaluation of the condition and performance of wind turbine blades.
· Identifying and troubleshooting any issues or defects with the blades.
· Planning and scheduling blade maintenance, repair and replacement projects
· Practicing and ensuring site safety in all activities, complying with all relevant HSEQ policies, procedures and requirements and reporting any associated matters or concerns.
· Creation and implementation of safety critical control measures including, but not limited to, risk assessment, method statement, take5 and toolbox talks.
· Collating, completing and submitting all necessary job reports, documentation and records in an accurate and timely manner and providing reports to management as required.
· Effectively conducting composite repairs and inspections in the field (at heights or on the ground) in accordance with client and company requirements.
· Completing repairs independently of 10+ layers.
· Clear and timely communication with customers and colleagues relating to all aspects of field operations.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience of blade installation, maintenance and repair across all major blade platforms and designs.
· Strong skills and knowledge of composite repairs (all categories 1-5)
· Certification as a wind turbine technician or suitable equivalent.
· Knowledge of wind turbine blade design, materials and technology
· Proficient in use of tools and equipment associated with blade work such as cranes ,hoists, sanders and grinders etc.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with strong communication, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work at heights and in adverse weather conditions.
· Ability and willingness to travel regularly in the UK and internationally.
· Hold a full, valid UK driving licence.
· Hold valid SE-P-15000Blade B, SE-P-15100 Blade B - Basic blade repair or GWO Blade Repair and SE-P-20900Epoxy safety certification.